At RateCity, we are committed to the fair and efficient resolution of complaints. Making a complaint is simple and easy. You can lodge your complaint online, by email, over the phone, or by sending us letter.
Phone: 1300 001 153
Write to: Privacy Officer, Level 3, Suite 3.02, 52 Alfred Street, Milsons Point, NSW 2061
What should I include in my complaint?
When lodging your complaint, you should include:
- your name, contact details and account number;
- details of your complaint with sufficient information to allow us to fully consider and assess it; and
- details of prior contact with us in relation to the complaint, such as who you had contact with and when.
We may request additional information from you to properly deal with and resolve your complaint.
How will my complaint be handled?
Upon receipt of your complaint:
- we will record the details, give your complaint genuine consideration;
- we will acknowledge your complaint within 24 hours;
- we will assess and investigate your complaint promptly;
- we will seek to resolve your complaint fairly, objectively and without bias;
- we will seek to resolve your complaint at the earliest opportunity, and within 30 days;
- we will inform you of our decision and provide reasons for it; and
- if you are dissatisfied with our decision or we have not resolved your complaint within 30 days we will provide you with details about how you can seek an external review of the complaint.
You can seek an external review of your complaint if you are unhappy with how we have resolved it or it has taken longer than 30 days to resolve. To do, you should contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA):
Australian Financial Complaints Authority Limited
GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001
Phone: 1800 931 678
Fax: (03) 9613 6399
Interpreter service: 131 450
National Relay Services:
- Voice Relay 1300 555 727
- TTY 133 677
- SMS Relay 0423 677 767
Please note that AFCA is unable to consider a complaint unless you have first approached us about it and we have had 30 days to consider it.
Please let us know if you think you will need assistance with lodging your complaint. If required, we can arrange access to the following and other services:
- translation services;
- text telephone (TTY) and the National Relay Service (NRS); and
- a copy of this policy in a different language or format.